“If you start managing innovation teams in some sort of a regular traditional business model … forget it. It’s not going to work. It’s not going to happen. You need chaos. You need structured chaos and you need freedom.”
– Bjorn Oste
On this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Bjorn Oste, Co-Founder & CEO of Good Idea Drinks, also known as “The Swedish Sugar Buster”. Good Idea is a sugar and sweetener free flavored, carbonated water that helps people with normal blood sugar levels handle the blood sugar spikes following a meal.
- The story behind being a serial entrepreneur growing multiple successful startups into global organisations
- Developing a nucleus of competence
- Curiosity and innovation as the key to growth
- Lessons learned growing a computer security company
- Being super creative about launching new products and developing a new market
- An interesting observation about the impact of family life on entrepreneurship
- Launching brands direct to consumers
- The importance of collaboration with global experts
- Expanding an idea and identifying related opportunities
- Developing a product that reduces blood sugar spikes after meals
- Process and strategy for taking a new product to market
- Achieving ‘proof of concept’ as a major step to success
- Authenticity and storytelling rather than the brand
- Identifying your audience and communicating in a way that resonates with them
More About Gina Trimarco
More About Pivot10 Results
- Women Your Mother Warned You About – the podcast that makes sales sexy again
More About Bjorn Oste & Good Idea
Prior to Good Idea, he co-founded Oatly, a 100% oat-based milk, sold in over 25 countries including North America, Europe and Asia with his nutrition professor brother as a co-founder, He also co-founded Aventure AB – a research-based company specializing in the development of advanced and functional food concepts. Their purpose is to develop attractive food products with preventive properties that make it easier for people to move towards a healthier lifestyle.
And prior to this, he co-founded Dynasoft, a world leader in specialized complex computer security systems for global banks, blue chip companies and governments.
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.