“Authenticity opens the door to conversations that are important.”
– Brandon Black
In this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Brandon Black, co-author of EGO FREE LEADERSHIP: Ending The Unconscious Habits That Hijack Your Business.
Brandon retired as the CEO and Director of Encore Capital Group in 2013. During his nine years as President and CEO, the company built significant cost and operational advantages, expanded into new asset classes, and made acquisitions that established Encore as the industry’s leading debt management and recovery solutions provider.
Subscribe to the podcast on: iTunes | Stitcher
Podcast Topics Include:
- Workplace politics
- How our brains confirm our own biases
- How our behavior manifests and causes reactions in others
- The ego’s role in creating negative distractions
- The dollar cost of ego in a business
- The pursuit of culture and a noble goal
- Authenticity as an entry into important conversations
- Transitioning from blaming to co-responsibility and from dysfunctional to productive
- When the leader is the problem
- Difficult and necessary conversations around gender, race and others who are different from you
More About Brandon Black & Ego Free Leadership Book
More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.