“You can’t pull together a team without putting a priority on understanding what everyone’s background and culture is.“ – Peter Gasca
In this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Peter Gasca in person in the studio, where they bantered about being an entrepreneur, adapting to cultures, the differences between Gen X and Gen Y and so much more.
Peter Gasca is an experienced business executive and entrepreneur, with a background in multiple business disciplines across several industries. He is a management consultant, coach, speaker, business writer, startup advisor/mentor, co-author of One Million Frogs and a regular contributor to Entrepreneur.com and Inc.com
Peter also works with Coastal Carolina University as the Director of the Community and Business Engagement (CoBE) Institute, a student-led management consulting organization with a focus of pairing high achieving students in real world business projects. He also serves as an Assistant Professor.
Subscribe to the podcast on: iTunes | Stitcher
Podcast Topics Include:
- Working in Russia as an American
- Establishing credibility when you don’t know company AND country cultures
- The importance of knowing how talk, listen, empathize and pivot
- Leveraging your personal strengths
- Acceptance vs Agreement (and other improv philosophies)
- Social media story filtering and information disparity
- Income inequality
- “Niche is the new big” in business and the marketing behind niche businesses
- How to be a successful start-up
- Why traction is more important than ideas
- Differentiating yourself and your business
- Trends in employee retention and how to let go of star performers
- Why Millennials (“The Choice Generation”) jump jobs
- References to Justin Irizarry (OrthoNow), Charlie Fusco, (Brains, Boobs & Balls), Paul Singh (500 Startups)
More About Peter Gasca
- Book: One Million Frogs
Previously, Peter was the co-founder and CEO of Wild Creations, a national toy developer located in Myrtle Beach, SC. Wild Creations was recognized by the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce as the #1 fastest growing company in South Carolina in 2010, and by the Inc 500/5000 twice as one of the fastest growing US small business. For his accomplishments at Wild Creations, Peter was a finalist for Entrepreneur Of The Year for the Carolinas by Ernst and Young in 2011.
More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.