“There’s no success or failure gene.” – Michael Alden
In this episode of The Pivotal Leader Gina Trimarco spoke to Michael Alden, CEO, TV Host & #1 Best Selling Author of Ask More Get More and 5% More. He matter-of-factly talks about his rough childhood growing up in the “hood” as a kid destined for failure, surrounded by a family of addicts.
Michael Alden, Esq., has over 15 years of experience in Direct Response Marketing. Starting his career in direct response customer service while in law school, Michael moved onto call center sales and quickly became a sales manager before being promoted to General Counsel, a position he held for over 4 years. In 2009 Michael founded Blue Vase Marketing, LLC based on the values taught in the book The Go Getter and under his direction, Blue Vase Marketing, LLC has grown to be a premier Direct Response firm.
Podcast Topics Include:
- How the brain can change and impact talent by acquiring skills that lead to success
- A company culture based on “It Shall Be Done”, “focus on what you’re doing and not what others are doing” and a “Queen Bee” mentality
- Getting the job done and not worrying about where that happens
- Recruiting strategy: hiring and training from within
- Why micro goals are better than stretch goals
- Asking for more of yourself, others and life – “you should never NOT ask for more.”
- Recommended books: Go Getter, The Fred Factor, The Talent Code, Good To Great
More About Michael Alden & Blue Vase Marketing
In addition to the day-to-day management of the company, he appears as Michael Alden, host and Direct Response marketing expert on infomercials seen around the globe. Michael is the author of the bestselling book Ask More Get More, a self help guide that teaches people how to ask for more and get more out of life.
He also wrote 5% More a national bestseller that shows people how small changes can have an extraordinary impact on one’s life. Michael has also been awarded by the Boston Business Journal as a 40 Under 40 honoree in recognition of his leadership and significant civic and economic impact in the Boston area, and the Future 50 Award by Smart CEO Magazine.
Michael holds a Juris Doctorate from Suffolk University and a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Political Science from Springfield College.
Learn More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.