Gina Trimarco had a lively conversation with Paul Jarrett, CEO of Bulu Box, a “discovery e-commerce” product. Bulu Box is a pioneer in their industry; Paul started out in the ad agency world (think “Mad Men”) and is a pioneer in the subscription box industry; one of the first in a market of 5,000+ subscription boxes. Subscription boxes have grown 3000% since 2012. You might be surprised by what he inspired him to enter this industry!
One of Paul’s core values is “Fire the assholes” – a key learning from his time in the ad world. Even more pivotal is his perspective on how to retroactively change a negative company culture. Hint: It starts with you, the leader.
“If you want to change the culture, it starts with self-awareness.” – Paul Jarrett, CEO, Bulu Box
Subscribe to the podcast on: iTunes | Stitcher
Podcast Topics Include:
- The fast growth of the subscription box industry
- The importance of data acquisition to scale businesses
- What causes negative company cultures
- How to retroactively build a better company culture
- The danger of perfectionism in business
- Having an “Athletic Recruiting” mentality for talent acquisition
- Managing frustrations with “The One-On-One Vent Session”
More About Paul Jarrett & Bulu Box:
- Email: Paul@BuluBox.com
- Website: www.BuluBox.com
Learn More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.