“It’s better to invest in what you can track.”
– Jake Baadsgaard
On this episode of The Pivotal Leader Gina Trimarco interviewed Jake Baadsgaard, CEO of Disruptive Advertising. After growing one of his first PPC clients from 25 to 250 employees, Jake realized he had a gift for using pay-per-click marketing to drive dramatic business results. To help more companies succeed online, Jake founded Disruptive Advertising, a PPC, and CRO management agency that has helped hundreds of companies realize unprecedented growth and profitability from the online advertising.
In the four years since its founding, Disruptive Advertising has grown from two employees working in Jake’s basement to a flourishing agency with more than 90 employees and a run rate of over $12 million – putting it at #145 on the 2017 Inc 500 list!
Subscribe to the podcast on: iTunes | Stitcher
Podcast Topics Include:
- How Jake got started in PPC advertising
- Jake walks us through the moment he decided to create Disruptive Advertising in his basement and the transition out of the basement
- How to scale a business quickly
- Getting past founder-based selling
- What Disruptive Advertising focuses on, who they serve and how they maximize the results for their clients
- The biggest challenge in the PPC and advertising industry, plus Jake’s biggest business challenge
- Finding and developing talent: some of the ways Jake is finding, developing and keeping talent, including his approach to top performers – “We don’t penalize top performers.”
- How Jake deals with perception of industry problems by using case studies and quantifiable data
- Some of the ways to measure marketing results, blended customer acquisition costs and analytics
- Customer acquisition advice straight from Jake
- Why Jake dislikes the phrase, “Let me know what I can do to help,” and what you can do to put a different spin on it
- Jake’s advice to rising CEOs and entrepreneur who are growing or starting their businesses
More About Gina Trimarco
More About Pivot10 Results
More About Jake Baadsgaard & Disruptive Advertising
- Books Jake Loves:
Jake’s ability to assess and clearly explain complicated issues has made him a favorite in a variety of forums. He is a regular contributor on a variety of blogs, including notable publications like Entrepreneur, Forbes and SearchEngine Land, where his wit and ability to make even tedious topics engaging elicits rave reviews from his readers.
Prior to starting Disruptive Advertising, he consulted enterprise companies at Adobe for 5 years, where he learned how to use web analytics to make smart marketing decisions to boost revenue and maximize returns.
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.