“We as leaders and entrepreneurs have a responsibility to make sure that if the ‘what-if’ does happen, the prudent planning and prudent steps are in place.”
– Patrick Ungashick
On this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Patrick Ungashick, CEO of NAVIX Consultants. For more than twenty-five years Patrick has provided exit advice and solutions to business owners with companies as small as several million in revenues to more than half a billion. Patrick is the author of two books helping business owners prepare for exit: Dance in the End Zone: The Business Owner’s Exit Planning Playbook, and the award-winning A Tale of Two Owners: Achieving Exit Success Between Business Co-Owners. He has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Financial Week and other media. He speaks to several dozen business groups per year on how to achieve successful exits. As CEO of NAVIX Consultants, Patrick leads a national team of exit planning consultants located in nearly two-dozen US cities.
Outside of work, even though he cannot juggle nor play a musical instrument, Patrick is a proud member of the Atlanta Distinguished Clown Corps, a group of full-time CEOs and part-time clowns that have raised about $1.5 million for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, the largest pediatric hospital in the U.S.
Subscribe to the podcast on: iTunes | Stitcher
Podcast Topics Include:
- What inspired Patrick to help businesses plan for successful exits
- Some challenges Patrick faced early on in his business
- The effects of exiting on home life and relationships
- Immediate steps and strategies for creating an exit plan
- 15-year plan for exiting a business, plus determining which of the four possible exit strategies to choose
- Differences between the four exit strategies, plus some advantages and disadvantages
- Steps to take if a business is being “given” to you
- Co-owners and exit plans: what you need to know
- Risk management: what to consider if the business owner dies or becomes incapacitated
- Patrick offers a free Emergency Guidance Letter template every owner should have
More About Gina Trimarco
More About Pivot10 Results
More About Patrick Ungashick & Navix Consultants
- RESOURCE: Emergency Guidance Letter Template, as mentioned in the episode
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.