What sets Aleksandra Scepanovic apart from many leaders is her philosophy on how to attract top talent. In this podcast she shared with me, “We decided it was very important to actually hire a human as opposed to a salesman … the best salespeople are people who are people first and then they do sales for a living.”
Aleksandra Scepanovic is Managing Director of Ideal Properties Group, one of the largest, privately owned, independent real estate firms specializing in premier Brooklyn neighborhoods. A full-service firm, Ideal offers pre-development marketing and branding as well as residential, commercial, office and retail services.
Originally from Serbia where she worked as an editor and media analyst, with firsthand experience of reporting from the war zones of the Balkans, Aleksandra came to New York to pursue a degree from the Fashion Institute of Technology. Ironically, her passion for architecture and interiors is evident in her organization. She designed the office space to be transparent from street view. This physical transparency has organically manifested into a company culture of transparency and openness.
- Seeing company culture as an intricate fabric of everyday commitments and personal resolutions that one makes to themselves and others, resulting in effective teamwork
- The need to have a creative streak to be successful in disrupting business and staying ahead of the competition
- How to look at problems from a different perspective to solve them
- The need for openness and transparency
- Creating a work environment that’s unusual for its industry where employees are quick to help each other and everyone at all levels of production is considered equal
- Top pivot strategy all leaders should have in their playbook: pay close attention to your results
- Additional strategies that leaders need to pivot successfully
Ideal Properties Group was founded in 2007 by Scepanovic and her partner Erik Serras, who identified a need to build a technologically innovative infrastructure for sales and rentals in key Brooklyn neighborhoods.
Scepanovic is responsible for business development at Ideal. Since founding the company, she has helped develop its foundation and technological edge, set its mission and implement a clear vision. Today, Scepanovic continues to formulate Ideal’s strategy, identifies and monitors the markets, works at upholding the company’s values, oversees hiring and marketing, and assists her partner in setting Ideal’s direction and building its culture by creating an exciting and supportive environment for brokers to work.
Learn More About Aleksandra Scepanovic
Learn More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results